Stuffed Lambs’ Hearts
Using a less popular cut of meat to rustle up a rich medieval meal.
At Joust! we decided to have a go cooking some less popular cuts of meat. We went straight to the heart of the matter (ha!) and asked our local butcher for some offal-based options. He kindly donated us four lambs’ hearts.
What you’ll need:
- Some lambs hearts (we had four)
- Sausage meat – enough to fill the hearts to bursting.
- A bottle of ale (not lager!)
- A litre of water
- Cut into your lambs hearts and remove any congealed blood (this, if you have time can be mixed into stocks and pates). Make sure you cut out any overly tough muscle.
- Stuff the hearts with sausage meat.
- Roll the stuffed heart in a mixture of salt and rosemary.
- Put your water and ale (you can also use wine), into a cooking put. Heat, but do not allow to boil.
- Add the hearts to the pot.
View original post 62 more words